Friday, February 29, 2008

Politics

I'm sure everyone would know what this word means and how it feels to be tangled up in one. It's basically the drama of the world. I just realized (a long time ago actually) that no matter where I go, I'll find politics. Come to think of it, its been around me since I was really young.

Disagreement is something that people can't avoid in life. People have their own opinion of things and it is one of the rights of a human being to have one. Heck, there's even a damn law based on it which would be the Freedom of Speech. It's a good thing once in a while yet at times people just abuse those rights. At times, people just can be really selfish. I have to say I'm one and you would lie if you said that you're not, coz everyone is.

Coming back to the topic, it's always a problem when disagreement occurs in a community, no matter what the size of that community is. Whether its between countries, opposing parties, schools, a band, a group of friends and even a family this will eventually come up. But, how can one play their roles and whether they can take their disagreements and make it into something productive is what I think the main issue. Can a person take someone else's opinion and not get offended or even judgmental towards the other person? Can the somehow just at least try to be objective and not look at it from the angle that they're standing in?

I've stumbled into quite a number of politics since I came here and it got me thinking about the other politics that had been occurring in my life. A simple competition between people in the same profession, a disagreement between people who loves art, a battle between friends over a lover, a misunderstanding between friends, or maybe a misinterpretation of a message. These are just some of the many things that I have came across that led into 'chaos'.

I've come to see that even with all this, people would still try to hide all the problems, which is basically where all the problems would more likely be raised. The hypocritical act of a person would make it worse. Talking about it with another person when you're acting that everything's gonna be alright in front of the other is just a waste of your time. Ok, at times it would be good that way to find a solution, but from what I've seen, most of the time it's just a way to feed our ego and making sure that someone agrees with us and that our message has reached some other end.

I've found two sayings that I have tried to apply on myself when it comes to politics. One is "Silence is Golden" and another would be "Ignorance is Bliss". But when I keep my mouth shut, don't think for a second that I'm ignorant, because I have my opinions. I just choose to keep it. Maybe I'll give when needed. Hey! I'm not trying to act all righteous and stuff. Ok.. Maybe a little. xD

No comments: