This was a sudden discussion I had with a friend. So is it just a number?Well, I guess it is to some extent. With the years come the experience and with the experience comes the wisdom. Yet, how much can a person take from that experience is a totally different discussion altogether.
I've observed this topic for quite some time, especially since I came to Cairo and more when I started my lessons in Kalimat. These are the facts that I took from my observation. I am now 19 years old. For some that would be an age of wisdom yet for others, that is merely the age of another child. I'm the youngest student in my class in Kalimat. The other students are mostly here in Cairo for work and others just finished their studies. They no longer stay with their parents and are out on their own seeking that extra excitement in their lives. Listening in on their discussions of their experience, where they're from and also where they're headed, I've come to realize that I lead a pretty sheltered life and I lack one of the most important things in life, which is experience.
I guess I can say that I have a thirst for experience. Now more than ever. Many has tasted so much of life by this age, I guess I just want that. I guess I am still a child and I guess to an extent I'm also entitled to be called an adult. Yet, 1 thing that I want to tell to the world is that, never underestimate the feelings and the opinions of those you think aren't mature enough, coz you never know if that person is more mature than you are. At the end, it's all back to perception.
Ahhhh.. I'm just blabbling. O well. Just sharing a bit of my experience. You're entitled to what you think. And don't worry, I wont judge. At least not out loud. =)

1 comment:
OMG I AM 18 THIS YEAR!!!!! I AM GONNA DIE SOON! NOOOOOO. I DONT WANT TO END UP IN A COFFIN AND HUNDRED FEET BELOW THE GROUND!!! aduh. aduh!!!!
Post a Comment