Friday, February 15, 2008

Perception

Perception is a very crucial element in our lives. Most never realizing its existence, they just walk through life with the ignorance that people, or even themselves, perceive everything that passes them. I have finally found the dangers of perception. It starts from a simple thought, then an opinion, then perception. That will then lead to many things such as gossip, disagreement, which will then leads to broken hearts, fights and so on and so forth. It’s basically a slippery slope of life that we don’t realize.

I can proudly and boldly say that I am an open-minded person who has seen her shares of cultures and differences of the world. This has lead me to an easy mind where I can accept many colors of life. Yet I have finally found a part of life that I cannot accept. I wouldn’t and couldn’t blame others for their perceptions of life but I can and will object if their perception will hurt others.

A place can change a person, and that has been proven true recently. It changed a part of my life which I thought wouldn’t change. It disturbs me so much how that had happen coz it really took me by surprise.

Here’s a thought that I always held to myself but now I just can’t help but share it. People should really learn how to keep their thoughts to themselves. At least some that they know are not conducive for themselves and for others. Know when to say something and how to say it.

Maybe I just can’t accept what people say and maybe I’m not as open minded as I thought I was. Maybe I’m that frightened little child inside who just can’t accept change and want the familiar (as others do as well). Or maybe I’m an adult who has seen life but the one that others wouldn’t admit of the maturity that she holds. But for sure, I am just another person who perceives life in her own way. Yet I can assure you that my perception will mostly be held to myself. If it hurts someone, I can only apologize and believe me when I say that it’s unintentional. I am after all just a human.

That’s my perception.

No comments: