Saturday, January 12, 2008

Is Loss a Tragedy?

Being a kid who moves around all the time, I get my share of loosing the people I've grown to love and care for. People ask me whether I get used to it or not, and i just realised that i always lied to them and said "yes". The truth is, I don't think I'll ever get used to leaving people behind. To just turn my back on them and start again with my new life. There are always moments where I linger around in the past wishing I was reliving those precious moments.

Though parting with these people or even just losing a dream that I've dreamed of since I was young, I finally found the wisdom of it all. When we are given a chance of a new day, I just realised that it's God's way to say that, this is a new chance for you, a better way for you. I mean, you do your best to get what you want but when you just don't get there, you can give a tear or two then walk towards that new direction that God has open for you.

Right now I'm on the fork of the road and still wondering which way I'm gonna take. One way leads me back to where I was and the other way takes me to a whole new place. I'm already standing in that new place yet I'm still stuck there until I know which way to take.

I've lost a great deal to get myself here and wondering whether I'll ever get it back. But I just realised that, I never lost anything, I just put them in a place where it's not visible for me. I wish everyday that I can hold and see them again but you can't have everything right? Aside from that, I just found something that i thought I'd lost a long time ago on my journey here. I'm hoping I can hold on to it and continue my journey ahead. But theres so much a person can do and then comes the Greater Power.

So, is loss a tragedy? I guess it goes back to the person that lost something to interpret whether it is or not. For me, I guess at times it feels that way. Actually, most of the times it feels that way. But after a while, I just feel that it's a blessing to a new road that had been planned out for me.

I still feel like crying at times remembering all the good times and things that I wanted so much. Especially now that I'm on a strange new place and I'm missing everyone back home and in KL. But I have my family here and 'someone' that I've grown to care for.

So, where will I go? Lets just follow The Yellow Brick Road.

No comments: