Tuesday, January 15, 2008

God Blessed The Broken Road

Well, here I am after 1 month of staying in Egypt, and I am as lifeless as ever. I didn't enter the university that I wanted and I am just becoming another confused child trying to find her next step. But, theres always a silver lining to a story right? Well here's mine.

I came here to be with my parents and to have an 'easier' life. After a while, I realised how much my parents really wanted me here and aside from that fact, they just want what's best for me. It's a heartbreak to see the disappointment on their faces yet beneath all that, it is quite visible how they just surrender it to God and hope for the best believing thats what He has in store for our family.


I also grew closer to my elder brother and saw the wisdom that the years have given him. It sounds stupid for a younger sister to say this, but I'm really proud to see him at this stage. Never have i heard him talk in such grace, confidence and wisdom. He was the one that told me it's ok to take my time and that being selfish in this time isn't a bad thing. It is my future and it's all in my hands.


Even though were millions of miles away, she still gives me the push to go on. She was always there when i needed her, even if it does take me a million phone calls until she realise that someones calling her. Although she wants me so bad to go back to KL, she still wants whats best for me and she wants me to be happy. She's one in a million people that has the biggest heart on the planet. She makes me smile when i feel sad with her many little jokes. That smile on her face can light a thousand darkness in my heart. Thats how much she means to me.



I traveled half way around the world to find something that i thought i wouldn't find in my age. It's quite fast yet I believe it's one of the truest feelings that i have ever felt. I warned him from the start that I would be annoying at times and that my mood swings can be a big pain. He didn't cared and carried on with me. He makes sure that I smile and if I don't he kisses my forehead to take that wrinkle of my face. Doesn't usually work fast yet he has his many ways to make sure that smile comes back. He's the first who reminds me that my parents are to be respected and that I am here also by their name and that I am also responsible for keeping clean the family name. No matter what my complaints about my mom or dad, he reminds me that they are still my parents and that they only wants what's best for me. Most of all, he reminded me to never forget about the Higher Power and that He's the one that knows best. He's a split image of my father and never was there a man that i looked up to but my dad. I can't say that this can last, but all I can do is treasure the moment with him.


Only in the dark can you see the stars and these people are my shining star. Pressure here and there but like they all said, its my life and my choice. All that they hope for is whats best for me. I love you all!!

1 comment:

f a f a said...

like that now la. no me and dessy! we're like your MADTV dood.
anyway. i got internet now! yeay!