Thursday, March 6, 2008

Proud To Be Indonesian!


I had a small revelation tonight. I actually knew it from quite a while yet it just 'clicked' in my head. Tonight there was an ASEAN Cultural Night and there was many performances from all the ASEAN countries. Seeing that the performances was ordered in alphabetically by the countries' name, Indonesian was the second. I got to perform a Balinese dance so after that I got to see the other performances from other countries.

So what was my revelation? I figured out that no one can beat Indonesia when it comes to culture. We are a country of many ethnics and through that we have many different cultures, from the famous Bali to Java and so much more. We have beautiful dresses, songs and dances. Also never forget our delicious food!

I am Very Proud to be an Indonesian especially when it comes to our culture. Ok, maybe Indonesia is not in it's best state when it comes to politics and all that. But we're a strong country and no one can break us.


"Disana tempat lahir beta
Dibuai, dibesarkan bunda

Tempat berlindung dihari tua

Sampai akhir menutup mata"


No comments: