Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What a Waste

Was browsing through links of my friends blogs and I came across Holly's blog. She's a friend I met in Cairo in Kalimat. That's a language center which teaches Arabic in Cairo. She was one of my classmates. Going through a post of her about her move to another area in Cairo and seeing how she said that she needs to speak more Arabic (mostly coz the area consist of many foreigners), I just realized that learning the language for two month was quite a waste. I mean it was great, but I wasn't even using the language when I was in Cairo, especially now when I'm in KL. I think I lost quite a lot of the language, which is such a big loss because language can be very helpful. Especially when you're a Muslim and you know Arabic.

Hopefully can continue later on in life. For now, back to English, Indonesian and Malay (which is basically the same as Indonesian anyways).
*Sigh*

No comments: