Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Simple Things

Believe it or not, I've been wanting to write this for a couple of days. Well, as sad as it sounds I've been thinking a lot about the past. People tend to remember the bad (and yes, I am 1 of them) but you just tend to forget the sweet memories that came along with that. So I've been thinking of what I went through so far. The simple things that made my days or even kept me going. I don't know how long the list will go but it's my story to tell. :P
  1. Playing outside with my neighbours back home when I was a little kid with those guy hair cut and tomboy-ish looks.
  2. Going to the library after school with my friends in New York after we get a bite from McDonalds next door from it.
  3. Hearing stories from my mom about when I was small coz God knows I have the memory of a fish.
  4. Playing barbie, cashier, and librarian with my Icha when we were back in New York.
  5. Playing baseball and riding a bike with my friends on the weekends in New York.
  6. Sleep overs at Ratih's house with loads amount of instant noodle and horror movies (and I mostly couldn't sleep afterwards)
  7. Never ending picture taking in the photo box with my friends. (We literally stayed in the thing for an hour! Damn Hot!!)
  8. Watching Korean drama at my house with my friends after school. (The only time I watched Korean Drama! Twins! :D)
  9. Simple outings and dinners with my family at the weekends.
  10. Watching horror movies in my brother's room with the shades closed and all over us screaming when my brother came in.
  11. Watching Bring It On and TRYING to attempt to do the pyramid. :P
  12. Having dance practice (saman) with the team.
  13. Eating home cooked meal and all the food back home and in New York!
  14. Hanging out at DSA like an idiot!
  15. Those small outings that the DSA gang had. Movies, dinners, birthdays, futsal, etc.
  16. Walking in the cold with my bf in the streets of Cairo going downtown to shisha.
  17. Hearing the sound of the drums or the piano at home.
  18. Hearing my mom and dad singing together with daddy playing the guitar or the piano.
  19. Going home after a tough time abroad and finally getting to meet the people that I love.
  20. Hari Raya with the family.
  21. Eating without being paranoid! :D
  22. Cooking with Carla and our sleep overs.
There's so many more. I know it! I just kinda lost them in the way. These are the memories which I cherish. The one's that will give a smile on my face when I think of it. The ones that will keep me going.

(We look retarded I know. But that's the point!)
These are my treasures.

No comments: